Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Princess and the Worker

Abbey wanted to put on her robe and her hair up in a towel just like Mommy does when she gets out of the bath. Doesn't she look like a big girl!
This caused me to think of a story about Jackson when he was about two and a half years old. I had a fluffy pink robe that said "PRINCESS" on the back of it. He asked me one day what it said on the back of the robe. I told him and then said "Don't you think Mommy is a Princess?". He then said "No, Mommy. You are a worker." I was disappointed because of course I wanted to be the princess, but, I guess it is good for your kids to see you as a worker because they know you are always working for them and you are teaching them about being a good worker when they grow up. Still, some days, it would be nice to be the princess sitting around in a pink fluffy robe!

No comments: